Wednesday, August 24, 2011

LL Bean Maine Lodge Boot Review

 Pros:
-high quality leather construction
-very comfortable footed
-double stitching, heavily stitched moc toe
-good stability on snow and ice
-very good looking, unique color
Cons:
-Made in China
-Stock laces are thin and slippery

My Maine Lodge Boots have seen a year of heavy use especially throughout the fall and winter. They have offered all day comfort and stylish looks. The boots are heavily cushioned and very stable. They are one of the most comfortable pairs of boots I’ve ever owned. I can tell they will offer service for years to come. The boots were very nice to wear all day, but the laces were a little short for my feet, and the laces are thin and easily come undone. I replaced the stock laces with some thick brown laces that are a few inches longer. This easy change ($3) perfected this pair of boots. These boots are suitable for casual wear with jeans or khakis, or for light work. My particular boots have seen miles of snow and sludge. I wish they weren't made in China, but I still find them to be a good value.






No comments:

Post a Comment